Thread: Java GUI

Java GUI

If anyone is up for teaching me swing or some other java GUI please pm me. Coded a project and I want to make a simple GUI for it.
    Just a few text boxes that get updated based on a random generator, and a button to run the generator. It's a slot machine of sorts. I learned a lot of coding in school but we never covered GUIs.
    new life, who this

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMeWin View Post
    If anyone is up for teaching me swing or some other java GUI please pm me. Coded a project and I want to make a simple GUI for it.
    Just a few text boxes that get updated based on a random generator, and a button to run the generator. It's a slot machine of sorts. I learned a lot of coding in school but we never covered GUIs.
    If using Eclipse,
    Windowbuilder
    Then
    YouTube tutorials.

Or you can try using the net beans IDE, that's what I use if I'm going to go anywhere near java.

People probably won't teach you one on one, when I first coding I was told to google everything, all that people did to "teach" me was what to type into google, the rest was up to me. Try reading some source codes of program's that built the GUI from code, it will help you understand a lot better too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    If using Eclipse,
    Windowbuilder
    Then
    YouTube tutorials.

Or you can try using the net beans IDE, that's what I use if I'm going to go anywhere near java.

People probably won't teach you one on one, when I first coding I was told to google everything, all that people did to "teach" me was what to type into google, the rest was up to me. Try reading some source codes of program's that built the GUI from code, it will help you understand a lot better too.
    Flash beat you to it and gave me a teamviewer tutorial. He also taught me a bunch of things not related to GUIs that were very interesting.
    I started my coding in netbeans, going pretty well so far.
    new life, who this

Flash, you pro. I was about to offer to do it for him.

Edit: Thanks, because I really didn't have that much time to spare anyways.

If you do want to do it, id love some example code to look at! <3
    new life, who this

#Return

Psh. He never showed me over teamviewer.

#cutforScarecrow

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Psh. He never showed me over teamviewer.

#cutforScarecrow
    I'm just that awesome. #Wmwformod
    new life, who this