YPP detect screen size

So quick question, looking to understand how to detect the ypp screen/puzzle in all sizes. Not just 800x600.

RGBAImage -- BufferedImage

Honestly the idea that you'll remember what everything does in your image reader between multiple sizes is a bit preposterous, but ideally you'd write a dynamic image detection based on parameters, make a drop-down or something to select the resolution (which will auto-fill in the parameters behind the scenes), and then you'd just run the image detection. In general this would be a massive pain, so I'd suggest sticking to 2-3 resolutions at maximum (for example 800x600 and a fullscreen one). For image detection in general just read stuff into a BufferedImage and then handle pixel matching there.

Or, since puzzle windows on YPP are always the same size, you can use a reference image (the corner of the puzzle, or the puzzle name text) to know where the puzzle starts regardless of resolution size.

Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    Or, since puzzle windows on YPP are always the same size, you can use a reference image (the corner of the puzzle, or the puzzle name text) to know where the puzzle starts regardless of resolution size.
    Thank you I will work with this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    Gross design, I thought they scaled...

Dan
    Bot Coder

Quote Originally Posted by TheRigger View Post
    Gross design, I thought they scaled...
    I've read your code. Don't talk about gross design.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I've read your code. Don't talk about gross design.
    Your code literally works on every 7th computer. Don't talk about gross design.

Captain Medals

Quote Originally Posted by TheRigger View Post
    Your code literally works on every 7th computer. Don't talk about gross design.
    Shots Fired
    Who do you think you are?