This guide is based on how I personally like to write guides. This is in no way the right or best way to do it.

Pre-writing:

1. Ask the community on what type of guide they would like to see.
  2. Research the topic you are about to write about, even if you have to look on youtube and check out someone elses guide, do not be discouraged if the guide can be found elsewhere.
  3. Do the thing you want to write about before you actually write about it, make sure you can actually do what you wanna write about.

Doing the guide:

1. Once you know you can do it, redo it but this time take pictures at each important step.
  2. Don't be afraid to get a lot of pictures, trust me the more pictures the better.
  3. Save all the pictures into it's own dedicated folder, this makes it easier for picture upload and to go through them again.
  4. It's time to write your guide, break it up into steps. Explain every important part as if you where explaining it to a person who has never touched a computer before. For writing the actual guide I just use notepad, it seems the simplest to me.
  5. Read through your guide, make sure it makes sense and fix as many spelling errors you can, also make sure everything is nice and spaced between steps and pictures.

Uploading guide:

1. Upload all your pictures first and put the pictures forum link in the guide.
  2. Go through and double check for spelling errors.
  3. Find the right section for the guide, create a new thread and give it a name that will make it stand out from others.
  4. Copy the guide you just wrote and paste it, go through each step and add color at each important step as this makes them stand out more. Completely coloring the guide is fine also, it's up to personal preference. If you do color the whole thing however, try to make key points stand out.
  5. Once the guide is posted spell check and improvement check one more time. Always be open to suggestions in changing it.