Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need some help with untainting then evading

Would a VPN be safer then turning the modem off for 6 hours? lol...

I mean, an ethernet cable could quite possibly be used. Would that make this process ALOT easier?
    My Vouch Thread - http://bot-supply.com/forum/vouches-...html#post25026 - I have vouches on other forums that I can link you to, if need (the username will be the same plus I can PM you from those forums)
    Get back get back you don't know me like that.

Banned

You can change your MAC address from within your computer, not sure how viable that is though.

#Return

Aussie internet.

I know how it feels <3

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by im_not_an_alt View Post
    Would a VPN be safer then turning the modem off for 6 hours? lol...

I mean, an ethernet cable could quite possibly be used. Would that make this process ALOT easier?
    vpn is safer
    Eeh, not nessicarily, a new dongle is just as easy as routing wire, providing you aren't like up a flight of stairs and like 100ft away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    You can change your MAC address from within your computer, not sure how viable that is though.
    You can't change macs on a wireless usb adapter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    vpn is safer
    Eeh, not nessicarily, a new dongle is just as easy as routing wire, providing you aren't like up a flight of stairs and like 100ft away

You can't change macs on a wireless usb adapter.
    Oh didn't read the entire OP. Get wired

I'm about 5ft away from my router.

Just curious whether it would be easier for just use a cord or buy another new adapter.
    My Vouch Thread - http://bot-supply.com/forum/vouches-...html#post25026 - I have vouches on other forums that I can link you to, if need (the username will be the same plus I can PM you from those forums)

Administrator

You would also get faster speeds with a cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    You would also get faster speeds with a cable.
    Quite possibly being in relation with a VPN allowing to work properly? 'Edit' - I meant to say max speeds*

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by im_not_an_alt View Post
    Quite possibly being in relation with a VPN allowing to work properly? 'Edit' - I meant to say max speeds*
    It's very possible. Wireless is an incredible amount slower than cabled internet. You'd also get potentially faster speeds as you'd be feeding internet directly to the place internet processes information, instead of through a usb port and redirecting it to your mobo

In which case the steps would be

1 - Format
    2 - TMAC that shit
    3 - VPN or router shutdown (6 hours + )
    4 - Profit?

If i could get my hands on a cord, think you'd be able to give me a hand with getting my computer into that un-trackable state?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast