Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: [PICS]How to: Use Virtual Box

[PICS]How to: Use Virtual Box

What is Virtual Box?
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualBox
    VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use.
    Virtual Box is a free virtual machine.

What is a virtual machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A virtual machine (VM) is a "completely isolated guest operating system installation within a normal host operating system".[1] Modern virtual machines are implemented with either software emulation or hardware virtualization or (in most cases) both together.
    It is a computer inside your computer. Computer-ception

How do I use it?

Step 1:
    Head on over to https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads and choose the right installer (most probably Windows)

Step 2:
    Run the installer (I will not be covering it in this tutorial, contact me if you do need help with it!)

Step 3:
    Open up Virtual Box and click 'NEW' on the hotbar.

Step 4:
    Choose your Operating System, you must provide the .ISO or CD in order to install it

Step 5:
    Choose the amount of RAM you wish the give the virtual machine, I normally go above the minimum expected RAM so if you feel your machine can handle it up the RAM to 512MB (unless the minimum already exceeds that)

Step 6:
    Choose 'Create new hard disk'

Step 7:
    Now, select the type of file you want to save your hard disk as, you can either leave this as the default or if you are technologically savvy and want to optimise your virtual machine, refer to here: Chapter*5.*Virtual storage

Step 8:
    For the storage details, I normally have it set to a fixed size as if you 'accidently' download a 10GB file onto your virtual machine and have a "dynamically allocated" storage, you would of lost 10GB of your physical hard drive!

Step 9:
    Select how much space you are willing to give to your virtual machine. I give mine 5GB as that is enough for any clients and software than I need for it (VPN's and such)

Step 10:
    Wait until it finishes partitioning and then load it up!

Congrats, you now have your own Virtual Machine! If you need any help with this, feel free to PM me or add me on MSN (TheKandor@hotmail.com) and Skype (TheKandor)
    Sobo, Champ, Chrome and 3 others like this.

R.ita I.s P.erfect

Hey mate, is this work for window 7 Premium?

Yup, virtual box is compatible with Windows 2000+, Linux and Mac

Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and Solaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), Solaris and OpenSolaris, OS/2, and OpenBSD.

R.ita I.s P.erfect

thats how you install it yes, but how do i use it, i just tur nit on and open two ypp clients? or do i open one, then turn it on and open another?

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY View Post
    thats how you install it yes, but how do i use it, i just tur nit on and open two ypp clients? or do i open one, then turn it on and open another?
    I am not sure what you mean. A virtual machine installs another operating system on your computer, as if you have two computers in one. This is useful for multi-cleinting (One client on your actual computer and another on your virtual one!)

R.ita I.s P.erfect

alrighty, ima try it

how do i open my bots in it??

Download supply crate and all ther nessesaery .nets and java updates, in the virtual machine and wala you can open yer bots in it

Do you need to have a Windows CD or download? Because I don't have this

No you don't, i didn't need one at least

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast