Banned

[Linksys] How to change your STATIC IP

Have you always had an idiot father who for some unknown reason has your ISP set your IP address to static? Have no fear, Her0 is here. I figured out a way to EASILY change your IP adress, and it works, the only catch is that you do need a linksys router.

1.) First things, first, get your IP adress, go to IP Chicken, WhatIsMyIP, or Google and type in IP. Once you have your IP adress, copy it and paste it into a blank document in notepad.

2.) Open up your web browser (Internet Explorer is trash) and go here http://192.168.1.1/wanMac.htm or here, http://192.168.1.1/WanMAC.asp , if you cant connect to this then your router does not support this guide, and I am terribly sorry.

3.) Once your at the login screen, type in the details, by default, it should be:

Or the password will be admin, or combination of admin for the username and the password. Once you've finished that step, the link should bring you to a page that looks similar or exactly like this:

We now need to get your LAN MAC address, to do this,

4.) Click on the start button, and go to run, (type "Run" in on the search bar) and hit enter. Once you've done that, type in cmd, like the following:

Type in ipconfig/all on the command prompt, and scroll to the very top. The VERY FIRST " Physical Address" if your LAN MAC address, yours will look similar to this,

Type the numbers down in the blank document that contains your IP address.

5.) If it is not done so already, enable "User Defined Entry" and change the LAST TWO boxes, you can use any combonation of numbers and/or letters from 0-9 to A-F in the last 2 boxes example as shown below.

Code:
    Example; we started with this LAN (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-78-6E)

Example; we can change it to this (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-E5-08)

Example; we can change it to this (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-07-07)

Example; we can change it to this (MAC Address: 00-90-4B-60-FF-AA)
    6.) Now unplug your router and modem, and wait a minimum of 30 seconds, I suggest waiting around 1-2 minutes. After the time has passed, proceed by plugging the router and modem back in, don't be surprised if you can't connect to the internet for a while, it may take a second or two for it to boot back up. Once its up, go to IP Chicken, WhatIsMyIP, or Google and type in IP, then bring up the blank document and compare IP's, if the IP from the website(s) is different from the one in your document, it worked!

Hope this helps, I know it worked for me and I was extraordinarily happy!
    Last edited by Her0; 06-10-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Banned

What's wrong with Linksys routers? I have bought plenty of them, I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    What's wrong with Linksys routers? I have bought plenty of them, I love them.
    I agree. :\ What model do you have?

Banned

Nothing, I love them, hence why I posted this guide on how to change your static IP address, for evasive purposes.

Banned

"Have you always had an idiot father who bought a linksys router"

Implying they're bad.

I just got a brand new one, I'll have to go check the model in a bit, but it was $150, got it on sale for $100. Not that it really matters, I use wired :/.

Banned

Hahah, Your right. Fixed