Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cryoma

Thread: [Windows] How to change your IP (for evasive purposes etc.)

Banned

[Windows] How to change your IP (for evasive purposes etc.)

If you're in Mac OSX... Just.... No...

1. Hit up google.com and type in "ip", right above the search results it should show your public IP address, go ahead and copypasta that into notepad or something.
    2. Press windows key+r to bring up the run menu (if that doesn't work press start>run with your mouse the old fashioned way) and type in cmd. If you can't find the run menu anywhere at all just go to start>programs>accessories>command prompt the ancient fashioned way. Once in the black and white command prompt type in "ipconfig /release" and hit enter. This will clear out all of your network connection's ip configurations.
    3. Wait for your internet to stop working.
    4. Type in "ipconfig /renew" and hit enter. This will get you new ip configurations.
    5. Go back to google and search "ip" again, compare to your previous IP to make sure it's changed. If not continue to
    6. Unplug your router and modem, leave them off for five minutes to be super safe.
    7. When you plug them back in, check your IP again to see if it's changed. If not then maybe you have
    8. A static IP address. These are used for businesses that use servers that reference their own IP addresses for any of several reasons and need them to stay the same all the time. Why you would have this at home, I don't know, but call up your ISP and ask for a dynamic IP address, or at least a new static IP address. If they refuse continue to
    9. Boycott your ISP and start a public petition at your local town hall to allow for IP address changes to ensure anonymity online. Wait six weeks for results. If still no go, try
    10. Get some other butthurt friends together and raid your ISP's facilities in ski masks with nerfguns and demand they enable dynamic IP's or else face the horror of cleaning spilled coffee stains out of their carpets. If the staff at the facility does not drink coffee proceed to

11. Give up on ypp already.

Or work for 2 hours and buy a VPN.

I have a pretty high end internet package from Time Warner Cable and they gave us a static IP.
    Skype - wastedbro

if this is the surprise i'm pissed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Testypp View Post
    ...Your fucking greedy as hell, cancel your V.I.P, delete your account, and then jump off a cliff.

I might use this, but I think I may have a static IP adress...

Banned

This made me laugh.

You talking to me hero?

You talking to me hero?
    I wouldn't think so, I mean, he did actually quote you :P.

Banned

Were you not surprised?
    Omegwavex likes this.