Rate my siggies? Kthx

I know they aren't professional quality but I would like some input on what I can do better.

#3 was made for a white background forums.

I watch Anime. Haruhi is god.

I play League of Legends. Sion can carry against a fed enemy team, let's nerf Soraka!

I play YPP! Some jackass stole my name.

I create forum artwork.

NEWEST WORK

#Return

# 5.

If you are planning on selling/making signatures. How much for it just saying "The Scarecrow" on it ??

I make all my signatures free of charge

I play League of Legends. Sion can carry against a fed enemy team, let's nerf Soraka!

I create forum artwork.

NEWEST WORK

#Return

I sent you a PM <3

Love the artwork

Since I gave the other guy some points I'll do you the same consideration.

Overall you seem to have a general style of some what random wispy lines or in the case of the top 3 grunge splatter. Some people will like this first style, but its not going to get you far, as you say its not 'professional' and gives an idea of a rushed job.

You have taken colours from your renders in most of the cases for use in the background which will definitely aid in the cohesion between the render and the background, but only really #3 achieves a somewhat cohesion, but I disagree with the fact you state its made for a white background as I believe it looks much better on a dark background. On a white background the black outlines look quite jagged.

#2 Looks fairly well thought out but I believe is ruined by the excess shards off the left.

At the moment all but #2 and #3 lack any real single direction of flow mainly because of the randomness created in the background, and #2 and #3 flow seems to be that created by the text. There is no apparent blending in any of them, although in some peoples opinions this will work for #2 in some sense.

Text placement is fairly good in #2 and #3 but I don't agree with any of your choices of text style except #3 to some what.

The huge pink spiral and the green cross-hatch wisp in #1 does nothing for your chosen render.

Have you done much research into different tutorials? or are you just winging it at the moment? I presume your using some version of Adobe Photoshop.

Be well worth your while if you haven't already to just go searching for different tutorials in all sorts of styles and just sticking to a specific style for a bit. Here are a few different styles you can try:

- Vector
    - Grunge
    - Abstract
    - Calligraphy
    - Tech

Thanks for all your tips . Also, #2 and #3 are my newest pieces, #2 being newer than #3. I have taught myself everything that I currently know how to do in photoshop, couldn't ever find any good tutorials.

Edit: Here is one of my personal favorite that I've done, I am well aware that the text doesn't really fit at all.
    Last edited by Wabish; 03-05-2012 at 06:17 PM.

I create forum artwork.

NEWEST WORK

Banned

Your graphics are nice, the only thing is that your text is a little bland, really, thats the only problem.

Also, question for those who are skilled in the ways of Photoshop. How do I bind a brightness to one layer but not all the ones underneath it? Cause that is really starting to annoy me.

I create forum artwork.

NEWEST WORK

Quote Originally Posted by Wabish View Post
    Also, question for those who are skilled in the ways of Photoshop. How do I bind a brightness to one layer but not all the ones underneath it? Cause that is really starting to annoy me.
    Simplest way that I can convey is to simply select the elements of the layer and then change the brightness and it will only adjust the bits you have selected.
    Its generally Image -> Adjustments -> Brightness/Contrast
    Last edited by sarged; 03-06-2012 at 04:26 AM.

Thank you, I've been messing around forever trying to figure that out lol

I create forum artwork.

NEWEST WORK