Thread: C++

C++

Any tutorials/tips for a beginner?
    I have no prior experience with programming, but I'm finding this easier than my 1 day experience with Java. xD

Also : I refuse to learn Java!
    Last edited by erik; 06-02-2013 at 01:35 AM.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    Any tutorials/tips for a beginner?
    I have no prior experience with programming, but I'm finding this easier than my 1 day experience with Java. xD

Also : I refuse to learn Java!
    Once you learn one programming language, the basics for every single other one comes pretty easy.

Why do you refuse to learn Java? And if you have to prior experience with programming you do NOT want to start with C++ This is my plan for programming:

VB > C# > Java > C++

Right now I'm on Java, making a client for Minecraft and mods for Bukkit. I'd suggest following at least something similar to my plan. With prior knowledge of .NET from VB I learned C# in literally a day and with prior knowledge of C# Java is getting quite easy.
    Last edited by looloo1; 06-05-2013 at 07:05 AM.
    Marigolds are very much in love, but he doesn't mind

I dont see why starting with C# would be bad, that's how i started and i think that visual studio is somewhat easy to use. The language i would NOT suggest to start with is C or C++. For those you need to know something about programming as understanding of pointers is difficult for beginners.
    My path was like this:
    Game maker > C# > PHP > Java > C > C++

I agree with kyborek, C# isn't so bad although i think it really depends on the programmer and their understanding and passion for coding. I didn't start with C++ but it was my second language. I actually started with Delphi which in fact was amazing for me. It is pretty much dead now and at the time i wished i did java instead of delphi but i am happy i didn't because like Scare said you only need 1 language to grasp the gist of programming, Delphi set the stage for c++ and i found them very similar as complex and deep C++ is. C# wouldn't be such a bad start but then again like i said before whatever works for you best is what you should choose, i just wouldn't recommend something too complex or difficult to grasp because it will make coding seem impossible so yeah try VB or Java.. if you want something incredibly easy you could dabble in a little web development like java script. It has a little real coding in it that could start you off.. My 2cents worth
    Last edited by Dr.Cox; 06-02-2013 at 09:13 AM.

I'll take a look at this Visual Studio you speaketh of.

VIP Member

Programming should be something personal to you, pick a language you like.
    Fact is, there is no "best programming language".
    People talk all about performance, but everything varies from computer to computer.

Lets look at Java and C++:

Visual C++
    - Fast execution of Native Methods
    - Basic Object Orientation implementation
    - Access to many-many existing code libraries online to assist with most of the methods necessary for programming bots (Screenshots, mouse moving, arrray manipulation, etc)
    - Windows Dependant
    - Speed performance depends on how it is compiled
    - Manual garbage collection
    - Known for bad conventions used by programmers

Java

- Fast execution of layered methods
    - Manipulation of Puzzle Pirate Files
    - Consistant speed performance
    - Powerful Object-orientation implementation
    - Solid automatic memoral allocation and disposal
    - In-built libraries for everything you need for making a bot for YPP
    - Direct execution of C++ native methods
    - Encourages good programming methodology and conventions

Both are powerful languages, equally as good performance-wise (debatable depending on context).
    Java and C++ both have OOP, however, C++ does not encourage it as much.
    Whilst C++ is known to be programmed mostly by people who lack good programming conventions, it should not stop you from learning the language, however you should learn Java conventions.

A bot for YPP can be made for any programming language capable of storing a screenshot in a variable, and moving the mouse.

As to a good tutorial, it depends how you like to learn.

Great tutorials for C++ - YouTube
    Great tutorials for many languages - thenewboston - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Devereux View Post
    Great tutorials for C++ - YouTube
    Great tutorials for many languages - thenewboston - YouTube
    Thank you so much!
    Someone that read the first post.

MazendaLee Guest
    It's good to learn C and C++. If you can those two languages properly then It would help you to understand JAVA well.
    Last edited by MazendaLee; 10-04-2013 at 06:57 AM.

C++ is master race.