Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scarecrow

Thread: Question about Reflection

Question about Reflection

So, I have a question. Why is there no reflection client for Puzzle Pirates? Is it because it's very difficult to do, or do people just find it unnecessary? And if it is difficult, why are there so many Runescape Reflection Clients? Just curious, that's all.

Thanks!

-Sergs

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Thesergsb View Post
    So, I have a question. Why is there no reflection client for Puzzle Pirates? Is it because it's very difficult to do, or do people just find it unnecessary? And if it is difficult, why are there so many Runescape Reflection Clients? Just curious, that's all.

Thanks!

-Sergs
    Runescape has many more players then us and therefore attracts many more experienced coders, therefore more reflection clients. It's also near impossible nowadays to make a Runescape bot without reflection based clients. (Not saying our boys are bad, you guys are awesome <3)

I'm not really sure if it's difficult or not, I'd imagine that it is, the reason why we don't use reflection based clients is because Face doesn't want them, They generally have a lot of downtime (Especially seeing as Puzzle Pirates updates more often then Runescape) and if you take Buypoe as an example, their rig bot sometimes is days before it is updated.

So we just use regular bots. :3

Banned

Also it tends to brake the game. Rigging in cades is destoryed since they reflection rigging bot.

Administrator

It also tends to attract lawsuits

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    It also tends to attract lawsuits
    Make it open source and you run into that problem a lot less often, but then the point in selling the bots has essentially been beaten.
    If you have any business with me, feel free to add me on skype 'waterlesswell'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Make it open source and you run into that problem a lot less often, but then the point in selling the bots has essentially been beaten.
    Not really, if the client is open source then there could be third-party premium scripts just like powerbot has.

Administrator

Powerbot is stationed in China. That's why they don't have many lawsuits.

#Return

Soooo, you're gonna take the team to China to live and make reflection bots?

Sounds good. When are we leaving?
    Pain likes this.

VIP Member

reflection on a puzzle game where you can easily read the pixels. is silly, wont be necessary until they have dynamic flash animations to distort the stability of similar pixels.

When that hapens youll need to reflect the byte code, which is easy... much different from "unobfuscating the source code" ... byte code is simply javas version of assembly code, for those who already know basic .exe reflection through pointer paths.

Too much work/illegalness without a necessarily reasonable increase in performance, currently. If that doesnt describe it well enough

ASK ME IN SKYPE BITCH MOTHERFUCKER and ill spoonfeed your ass like i know you want me to -.-

VIP Member

Powerbot's team is stationed in America, but the copyright holder is in the EU actually.

I know Timer is in America atleast, and considering they work together (Sometimes in the same room) Paris also is in America.

Timer and Paris are powerbots head coders (Except Paris often just shuts Timers ideas down)
    If you have any business with me, feel free to add me on skype 'waterlesswell'