Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Programming question about old Omnis Bot

Hey all!

I have the source code for the old Omnis Bilge bot and I want to update it for personal use. I, unlike Face, love reflection bots and decided to try and tinker with it to get it working myself. I think I have everything down except for this part:

import com.threerings.yohoho.client.ac;
    The error that line gives is: "The type om.threerings.yohoho.client.ac is not visible"

In the JARs I imported from the Puzzle Pirates game, namely "yoclient-dop.jar", I found 2 files in the "com.threerings.yohoho.client" package:
    ac.class
    aC.class

To work, the program needs the first one, but I think Eclipse doesn't know which one to import because of the capitalization. Does anyone know how to bypass it, and to import ONLY the "ac.class" part?

Even better, if anyone here actually helped code Omnis/bPerfect in the first place, do you know what teh ac.class file is and how I could perhaps isolate it so it can be imported?

This might be in the wrong section, so please move it if it is. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

-Thesergsb

#Return

I'm not sure who was the original coder was, but you really don't have permission to be tinkering with the source. Especially as you don't acknowledge the original coder.

You might wanna ask before you tinker with the source, even if it is for private use. Open Source Codes are for learning purposes.

Server Admin

OOO uses a name obfuscator when releasing their code. Each time they release, the name may change (eg "ac.class" may change to "bq.class").
    My guess would be that the class you're looking for is no longer called "ac".

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I'm not sure who was the original coder was, but you really don't have permission to be tinkering with the source. Especially as you don't acknowledge the original coder.

You might wanna ask before you tinker with the source, even if it is for private use. Open Source Codes are for learning purposes.
    All assuming we live in a perfect world, right? Rebuilding it for private use doesn't harm anyone :P
    Skype - wastedbro

Banned

Btw the original coder was Brandon

Ex-Staff Member

Quote Originally Posted by tjwells28 View Post
    He is right

Quote Originally Posted by tjwells28 View Post
    Who exactly is Brandon? And is there any way to get in contact with him?
    I feel like I'm on the verge of victory, I replaced all of the imports in the code with new ones form YPP's latest JAR files, but there was one line that gave me a little trouble and I think because of it, the bot still won't launch properly.

So if anyone has more information on Brandon, could you let me know? Thanks

-Thesergsb

Quote Originally Posted by Thesergsb View Post
    Who exactly is Brandon? And is there any way to get in contact with him?
    I feel like I'm on the verge of victory, I replaced all of the imports in the code with new ones form YPP's latest JAR files, but there was one line that gave me a little trouble and I think because of it, the bot still won't launch properly.

So if anyone has more information on Brandon, could you let me know? Thanks

-Thesergsb
    It probably wont be easy. He doesnt have a good reputation anyway.

Id say do what you want with the source. Its open. Afterall, BoS was created from an old gunning bot algorithm that was open source.

Just dont take credit or sell it unless youve made very significant changes.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by wastedbro View Post
    Just dont take credit or sell it unless youve made very significant changes.
    Like change the algo, the mouse movement, and the reflection hook. (algo is sheer, mouse movement is decayed ported, and technically Face owns the rights to Omnis)
    Need to get in Contact with me?

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by wastedbro View Post
    All assuming we live in a perfect world, right? Rebuilding it for private use doesn't harm anyone :P
    No, but it's extremely rude to do so without asking the owner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast