Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Scarecrow

Thread: Program learning

Program learning

I'm atm taking a programming course at school and I'm learning C. I already learned varaibles, strings, structs, most basic so what should I go next? I'm trying to get ahead of the stuff.

Banned/Non-Member

Then your ready to make a bot!

Actually on second thought, try something simple out then go hard. What are you trying to code? Any specific game?

(:

ATM I'm not coding nothing, last thing I worked on was this:

#include <stdio.h>
    #include <string.h>

int main() {
    char username[12];

while (1) {
    printf("username: ");
    scanf("%s", username);
    if (strlen(username) > 10)
    printf("2 Much Letters\n");
    else
    break;
    }

printf("username is %s\n", username);

return 0;
    }

I hope this gives you something to know on how Iam atm...

Also give me that website, I was going to take a look at it but you took it out

Out of curiosity, to what extent has/will your course gone/go into structs?

Just doing a simple struct t'ill now

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Then your ready to make a bot!
    I wanna see you make a bot with only this then Chrome...

Quote Originally Posted by HowInteresting View Post
    varaibles variables, strings, structs
    So that means no color recognition (RGB), No Multi-Threading (Not really necessary but a good tool to have) , No idea on how to do AI's, and lets face it... they aren't the easiest things in the world to understand straight away.

If you could make a bot with just those things.... majority of Bot-Supply would be Bot Coders. (Including Face.)

My Opinion if you want to make a bot : Watch Schalk's video on colour detection. : http://bot-supply.com/forum/lounge/7...-tutorial.html

Learn it and master it. Then learn how to return RGB from a point on your screen, Google is your best friend there... Or the NotionLib file, I think you can get from E-Z, not sure if there was ever a link here.

Then learn AI's.

If you just wanna get ahead of your class, I suggest mastering the stuff you are learning and going through it in greater detail. People think they know C# but in reality they have not even touched some of the things it can do. Look at some online tutorials and do some of the stuff there.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 04-26-2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Kandor and HowInteresting like this.

I know I don't have the abilities to yet make a bot, I'm trying to go to the next step from what I am at the moment. But thanks I'll take a look at it, I worked a little with RGB colour on a webcam too but that was with a program already built..