Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How To Prevent Scams [Guide]

How To Prevent Scams [Guide]

Hi, I'm Pain and I'm here for all the newer members and people in general who are, in a way a "beginner" to the black market. I have seen many people getting scammed and I can see why you're getting scammed too.

Tips:

1. What I thought was most obvious. Do not publicly post your Skype name if you ever plan on selling anything in the market. By doing this, a scammer can easily find the information and add you. Once they have added you, if both parties agree, the trade can start.

2. If a random person adds you on skype and wants to trade with you, always get a PM from them. By getting them to PM you on the forums you are simply providing more proof and you are linking their skype account to their forum account.

3. Before you start a trade, never agree to go first unless they are a "trusted" memeber and you have followed tip 2.

4. Always do your best to find a middleman from the forums willing to help in the trade and once again, follow tip 2 and get a PM from the middleman and the other person.

5. If they say they have already got a middleman and you're invited into a chat with both the MM and the person trading, you should be very aware of what is happening. This is a common sign that both of them are trying to scam you by making you hand your items over with nothing in return.

6. Following up on tip 3, if you are both considered "untrusted" then I highly recommend getting an official middleman to help both parties of the trade. Do not argue about who is going first, as this just leads to the trade going pear shaped and both of you could potentiality lose a great deal.

7. You can change your privacy settings in your user control panel: Here!
    Change the likes of your Contact Info so that non registered members cannot see it, like so:

To be updated (Staff, feel free to update and/or correct anything).
    Last edited by Pain; 12-04-2013 at 01:53 AM.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

#Return

Nice contribution, I was planning to do this ages ago, just never really got around to it.

Thankyou

I'm getting tired of seeing people get scammed by stupid things that are easy to spot

Can you get rid of the "Verification Requested" prefix please?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post

Can you get rid of the "Verification Requested" prefix please?
    Done

#Return

Stickied and changed the title. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila View Post
    Done
    Thanks Long time no see.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Stickied and changed the title. :3
    Thanks for that

Banned

Another helpful tip is common sense, but I don't expect that from today's youth (or society in general). Remember kids, common sense is not so common.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezenemy View Post
    Another helpful tip is common sense, but I don't expect that from today's youth (or society in general). Remember kids, common sense is not so common.
    Never understood why they call it "Common" when the majority of people jump onto every bandwagon and say Yolo..

But yes, common sense is key for trading.

Cool Guide. I noticed that the middleman section here is nothing but a dead thread. Why not try to have a partnership with **************?

Quote Originally Posted by ryuuhei View Post
    Cool Guide. I noticed that the middleman section here is nothing but a dead thread. Why not try to have a partnership with **************?
    It's not so much a dead thread.. people are willing to MM it's just that no one ever goes to the MM asking for help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast