Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Free #1 Swordfight or Rumble Competition!

Free #1 Swordfight or Rumble Competition!

Hello Everyone, Ive decided to run a little competition.

Anyone may place an answer, the first person to get the answer correctly wins their choice of free #1 Swordfight or Rumble by alt bashing! Think smart and may the best pirate win!

The Riddle:

A captain of a semi-democratic crew wishes to get rid of his first mate because the crew seems to be most loyal to the first mate and not the captain. He see's his first mate as a big threat. The captain has come up with a plan for the first mate to leave forever. The captain orders his entire crew out on deck for a big announcement.
    The captain and the first mate both stare at eachother in the middle of the ship surrounded by their fellow crew members. The captain hands a box to the first mate and tells that whole crew that inside that box is two pieces of paper, one piece of paper says "You're Fired" , and the other piece of says "you can stay".
    The captain however was sneaky and on both pieces of paper he wrote "your fired" the first mate pulls out a piece of paper and still manages to stay on the ship.

How did he manage to stay on the ship when both pieces of paper said "you're fired"???

Good Luck to All!
    Last edited by Harry Potter; 07-08-2015 at 06:32 AM.

'Twas a democratic crew, so the captain had not the authority to get rid of the first mate.

Updated Demorcratic - Semi-Democratic, the captain has final decision.

The first mate announced that the piece said "You can stay".
    The captain cannot then ask to see that the piece said "You're fired" because that would imply that he rigged it.

No, from now on I will no longer reply unless there is a question. I will type when someone has given the correct answer

Banned

Mutiny.

If the captain had him fired, and he remained there, in a semi-democratic, where the captain has the last word, then it must be mutiny.
    Last edited by quizan; 07-08-2015 at 08:05 AM.

The first mate pulls out a piece of paper...
    but not from the box!
    i.e. sleight of hand

Captain Medals

He quickly ate the first paper, forcing the captain to show the remaining paper that said "you're fired!".

Its an old riddle, lel.
    Who do you think you are?

Mehfailz got it lol. would of accepted anything that meant the captain had to show the remaining paper. ie: tossed it overboard, ripped it etc lol.

Add my skype live:bw.thom697 if you wish for your prize, or give it to a friend.

Captain Medals

Well, give it to anyone you'd like. I'm a 1# SFer myself, kek.

F.e give it to the first person that says Thanks for this event and yer service, Harry Potter".
    Who do you think you are?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast