Trials Evolution ("Failed to start game (unknown error)")

I recently bought Trials Evolution on steam, I contacted their support and I have received nothing back from them (5 days ago). I am now asking the community, how can I get Trials to work? it has been a nightmare for me as I have done the steps that they provided and yet nothing works :/

EDIT: I wasn't so clear when I posted this.

When I run Trials through Steam, I get the error (the title) and there is quite literally no way for me to know what the hell I'm doing wrong :s
    Last edited by Pain; 05-03-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

Ex-Staff Member

See there is not much that can be done since the error is unidentified.
    Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Bot Coder

Any chance they supply you a log file? I have never used Steam before but I am pretty sure they should have something like that?

//siggy by Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by flashbang View Post
    Any chance they supply you a log file? I have never used Steam before but I am pretty sure they should have something like that?
    I don't think there are any logs for it :/ apparently the majority of people who bought the game for PC have had an issue with the game (installation, in game, pre-game).

I get linked to this: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7453&l=english

I've done what it says. It also mentions about AV possibly making the error.. I don't have any form of AV running.
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me