Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anti virus

well ty face i got it bought now just waitin on u to sell me some more bots

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Norton is Scamware. Useless and uses way too many system resources. not only that what they catch is balls compared to any other AV in general.
    Best Free AV? Don't have money to pay for Nod
    Tips on trading on Bot-Supply: Click Me

have Avast Internet security cracked it and totally working

Best Free Antivirus in my Opinion would be Avira, Avast and AVG are so used that Virus scripters have crypters specifically designed to counter AV, so they use most common, they learn scan Technique crypt to it and bam your AV is useless until an update, Avira Free is less used therefor less crypts programmed directly for it

Surprised this hasn't been said before on this thread, but seeing as this is still on the front page, despite the two week gap between posting, for those searching in the future, the best anti-virus is...

Common sense. Seriously.

That said, using VirusTotal (And then waiting a week, where possible, before rescanning and then opening) and Sandboxie does wonders.

Ex-Staff Member

Whilst I'm lingering on an old thread, I use Malwarebytes and I've not had a virus in 3 to 4 years. Apparently it works.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

#Return

I quite enjoy my ESET, Face suggested it to me after my old computer got destroyed by a virus when my AVG Trial Ran out (Literally the moment it expired it like let all the viruses loose).

I've never had a problem since, and I love it Scans are so much faster as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal70 View Post
    Best Free Antivirus in my Opinion would be Avira, Avast and AVG are so used that Virus scripters have crypters specifically designed to counter AV, so they use most common, they learn scan Technique crypt to it and bam your AV is useless until an update, Avira Free is less used therefor less crypts programmed directly for it
    Cryters arent generally programed against a certain anti-virus most good crypters will stay fully indetectable against any antivirus not just Avast or AVG. So it really doesnt matter how much its used aslong as it updates frequently to add the new crypter virus to their database.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgoo3 View Post
    Cryters arent generally programed against a certain anti-virus most good crypters will stay fully indetectable against any antivirus not just Avast or AVG. So it really doesnt matter how much its used aslong as it updates frequently to add the new crypter virus to their database.
    Precisely this. Any decent crypter worth it's salt (and sold sparingly) will remain FUD for up to weeks on end. Therefore, if you do plan on downloading viruses, you're better off with a much more popular AV as it will likely update more often.

That said, I've never had a virus in recent years.

Comodo AV is phenomenal especially in defense against RATs and keyloggers as it forces you to accept all outgoing internet connections. That's what I've heard at least. Common sense beats having to use an AV any day. Prevention > Cure.

Server Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Valderino View Post
    Prevention > Cure.
    Sometimes that's not enough. Java, Flash and even browsers themselves (including Chrome) have had security flaws where by just visiting a webpage will silently download and run/install arbitrary code without your permission or knowledge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast