Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ban Sweep?

Ban Wave?

Hey guys, I've just tried to log onto Puzzle Pirates to find I have been banned for evasion. After speaking to a couple of friends, it looks like in total 8 of us have been banned for Botting/ Evasion.

Just wondering if anyone else has been banned for these reasons today?
    Last edited by JohnSinamoi; 06-15-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Last edited by clawsraped; 08-20-2016 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clawsraped View Post
    That's not a ban wave or a ban sweep. That's what happens when either
    A) the IP that you were playing on was Tainted from a ban before.
    B) You didn't completely wipe your registry (a complete fresh install of windows) after you were banned on your main PC not a VM.
    C) You linked yourself to an account that was banned before on another IP / Computer. (Don't register your account with an email, don't use the same pirate names / usernames or passwords)

Hope this helps sorry this happened.

*If you used a VPN on your main account even if it was paid you most likely used a tainted one 100%*
    Actually I had a new ISP, and factory reset my computer.

But surely it is a ban wave, and as far as I know 8 of us have been banned for the same reasons and I believe there are many more.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by clawsraped View Post
    Did you ever play at one of your friend's house, at a coffee shop etc... Anything besides at your own house.
    Are you using any bots that aren't from this website that you made by yourself or someone else made you?
    Are you using an autoclicker or anything in that manner
    Nope, nope, nope. Nothing that links my old account back to the one just banned. Although I do believe some arseholes did report me for evasion, so I must have been banned on speculation?

Deleted

*If you used a VPN on your main account even if it was paid you most likely used a tainted one 100%*
    Nah you can't possibly think that every IP adress of a vpn service had a YPP player banned on it. Even if you jump around and manage to get on that 0.1% of tainted IPs, they gotta catch you. Idk how they do it, but the ban is not instant, and I'm sure that they have to wipe IP histories once in a while so you can get away.
    That's just how it seems logical to me.

And yeah, it might just been a ban wave, I know a guy that got banned too. This happens once in a while, lots of people getting banned within the same period of time, can't deny a wave.
    Last edited by LinenTrader; 06-15-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Unfortunately just like all evasion bans you had some trace on your account to a previously banned account. That's the only logical way "evasion" bans would work in a game, I can't see them banning people on pure speculation but I obviously can't be sure. You probably overlooked something that led to your detection:

- Same MAC addresses on your network cards?
    - Same computer username?
    - Used a payment method previously used on another account?
    - Someone else accessed your account
    - etc etc

i have been banned so many times it hurts, but every time its been one tiny oversight which has got me banned again.

Banned

it ok i found out that a couple of pirates did a deal with the oms as people made them selves aware of being linked to old pirates , the couple that made the deal were banned for account sharing and the dropped in about 20 people in place for the return of there accounts, they still continue to account share now and bot but oms do nothing about it. so dont tell people your old priate names and you will be safe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast