Idea's to Reduce Scamming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea's to Reduce Scamming

Hello I have noticed that scamming is rampant on this forum and have brainstormed a few ideas to help counteract it.

1. Create a database of every ones skype. Of course it would be optional to have your skype name put into it. Maybe just have it so you click on the skype name, it opens your skype client, and adds them. I would be willing to help a Mod do this.

2. Create a more advanced live chat system within the website (more like and IM) maybe through Supply-Crate. This would completely eliminate the skype issue and banned users would not be able to access it. Also make it so Mods can access all the chats between players so if there is a report on a member the chat will be through the website and it will all be right there for the Mods to access it. Yes I realize making a whole IM client would probably be hard.

3. The third option, also my least favorite, is to eliminate the option to advertise your shoppe or whatever on this site. I don't like this one.
    sigpic

Point #1!:

http://bot-supply.com/forum/communit...kype-list.html

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      i had never seen that before. it needs to be pinned somewhere.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
        i had never seen that before. it needs to be pinned somewhere.
        It's a Sticky thread..

Comment

where...
          sigpic

Comment

In the 'Community Support' section

Comment

Number 2 does not work very well. When buypoe introduced chat the amount of scams skyrocketed. Not only that a chat system puts on great strain to the server.

I would say the best way to prevent impostors is to get a PM on the forums. If a person can't do that then no amount of holding their hands will keep them from getting scammed.

Comment

Working...
              X