How to Untaint your PC [Pictures & Written]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Untaint your PC [Pictures & Written]

Without the full and proper consent of Sharpie, you may NOT distribute any part of this to other forums.

Download for Untainting Folder & Pictures.
    Link to Download CCleaner. [No need to download if you already have it. As this is a widely used product, I feel not needed to post a virus scan, and all credits to CCleaner goes to the creator(s).]

This guide was written on a Windows 7 computer, so every step is based on one, I am sorry if it differs for users on other Windows, or OS, types.

What to expect - This guide will show you step by step on how to untainted successfully, and to do it quickly. On average I can untainted myself in less than 15 minutes, and with that make sure I never get banned again. Along with the in depth guide, I have uploaded two files for you to use as you please, one to help untaint you faster, and one that is full of pictures if you need help.

How to untaint - First things First, You will need to uninstall Puzzle Pirates, so go to Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program (Under Programs) > Go to the search bar and type "Puzzle", and click Puzzle Pirates > Right click Puzzle Pirates > Uninstall.

Now You will wait a few minutes and it should be deleted. Now open the file I put, at the top of the page labled Untainting Tools, and open the file named "Everything-1.2.1.371", most likely the last one in the folder, then open it. Click Yes to the User Account Control warning, and it will open the file and if you notice, its everything on your computer. I've had a few errors where it would not show a file, so if it happens, close it out and click on the toolbar where it is shown and, right click it, and do "New Search Window", it should be fixed. Now in the search window, you need to type these things THEN delete them, and for things with many results, click on one and type Ctrl and A, and then delete. The things to search are, Hash.dat, Puzzle Pirate, Three Rings Design, yohoho, yoclient, and ocean. Those are basically keyterms for Puzzle Pirates, I prefer to delete them all, even if not necessary in an untaint. Better to be safe then sorry if you want to continue to be safe from bans.

You're done with that file, so close it out, and Go to Start > Type in (search for) Regedit > click yes on the User Account Control message, and you are now in a Registry Editor. Please be careful in here, people do say your computer can be ruined if you do something wrong, so please follow these steps precisely. Double click "HKEY_CURRENT_USER", then double click Software, and look for JavaSoft. Double Click on JavaSoft and click Prefs, then delete it. Now scroll down to "Three Rings Design", and delete that. You are finished now close that file, not to scary was it?

Now I suggest downloading CCleaner, a link is at the top of the thread, and then install it as needed. Do all the steps, should not need help with them, and open the file. It's not necessary to clean everything, so if you do not want to remove some of the stuff there, just unclick them. Most of it just happens to be internet history and stuff like that, nothing important. After you finish unclicking or clicking what you want Cleaned, go to Applications and scroll down to "Internet", and Click Sun Java if it's not already checked. Then hit "Run Cleaner" and let it do the work. Now go to Registry and let it analyze, then clean it (No need to back it up), all it does it delete folders not used or broken. You have finished with CCleaner, now to the next steps.

Now this part is what I was told, never tested, to help you remain ban free. Go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts > Change your account name. Now type a new name, if you use your first name, try your last name. Like I said, not a step most would do, but would you want to take chances?

We are nearly done, this part is another simple one, just a simple Mac change. It's controversial on if you can change it, but when I do it on a laptop (with wireless), it has always worked. So if you strongly feel it's not needed, you can skip it, but do not be mad if your untaint doesn't work. Now go to Start > Computer > System Properties > Device Manager > Network adapters > then find yours, usually it has Ethernet Controller in the end of the name, then double click it > Advanced > Network Address. some do not have one showing, so here's your chance to put it right? Heres an example of one, B83A3F6A9F3, do not use that one though. It is not mine, but I am sure many who read this guide will use it, so if they get banned, you possibly would be risking your account also. Now paste that Mac, F47D8R3K5A9, into your Box, and Change numbers and letters. For me, F47D8R3K5A9 became Something like 4G5J9P3B4F3, Do not use that either. When you figured out your Mac, click ok, and you may lag a little for a second. Congratulations, you changed your Mac!

The last major step would be hiding your IP. I completely suggest using Hide My Ass Pro VPN, it costs around $12, and if your evading, is worth the money. Not going too much detail with it, but it's great. If you do not have the money, you should try a free VPN like hotspot. Do not use HMA Free under ANY circumstances, you will be banned easy as someone, cough cough, got the IP's all detected by OOO. HotSpot is okay, simple to use, but like most free VPNs, is over used. Your chances of ban is lower then without a VPN, but a paid one like HMA closes the deal.

The last thing to do is simple Go to install Puzzle Pirates, you should not need help with that as you have obviously done it before. Before you make your new, and hopefully last, account, I do have one more thing. I have also learned a new password helps the evading process, or so I think, regardless, your choice.

Credits - 80% Goes to Elle, she did teach me everything I know of untainting
    20% me, writing this all out, getting the pictures, and adding my own insight.
    Last edited by sharpie; 02-15-2012, 03:21 AM.

Epic guide. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Nice guide

How much time did you put into it?

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
        Nice guide

How much time did you put into it?
        A good hour or two, I had to do it two times, writing and taking the pictures, took a few breaks to do other things IRL, so yeah, maybe less then that. I had to set it up right and everything, not a fun time. But hey, it helped the community I hope.

Comment

I would suggest putting the picture and links at the bottom so the reader can dive right into the guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
            I would suggest putting the picture and links at the bottom so the reader can dive right into the guide.
            Two issues with that - I spent a hour or more on the writing and taking them (editing), it will take another 30minutes to do that, plus I believe that it's nicer to use slide show and view them, without scrolling up then down on the guide all day. Two would be that it'd make the thread even harder to figure out, as said.

Comment

Doing this now, Lets see if it works/I did it correctly! I bought HMA pro, so hoping all it good with that! =D

Comment

Funny I should come across this. I was feeling all sad panda because elle isn't active on bp anymore and could not untaint my pc. But now it is up here, so coolio. Looks like i'll know what to do tonight.

Comment

Bp Sucks, all the cool kids are on B-S! xD

Anyhow, Just like to mention... IZ UNTAINTED AND IT RULEZ! o.0

Comment

Brilliant.
                    Just did the whole process and didn't take too long, thanks

Comment

For some reason when i click the link, im not getting the files loaded

Comment

^ Use the untainter in supply crate, it works instantly and somewhat has the same effect.

Comment

Folder with pictures won't open help?

Comment

i cant download the file and pics can anyone help me pls?

Comment

Originally posted by chrispuzzles View Post
                              i cant download the file and pics can anyone help me pls?
                              The download link seems to be defunct and the OP is currently banned so it's contents will probably be lost in time. You can still follow the steps or search for another guide and use that if you need to untaint.
                              Retired with no intention of returning. Don't remember me because you won't see me often.

Comment

Working...
                              X