Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shipwright Helper

In an attempt to keep myself sane while working on my carp bot, I've decided to take some time off and make a simpler program. I don't really have a name for it or anything, but most of it is done. I just need to finish adding in all the possible pieces and fixing a few bugs here and there.

Although it's not exactly a bot, it does search the board for the pieces you have at hand. If you're like me you love shipwrighting but often find yourself messing up your pieces because you lose track of them in the mish mosh of a board. Well this bot searches the board based on the pieces you have and outlines any pieces that are set up in the board. This lets you continue your chains faster and keep track of your builds easier before you fire them off.

In the future I might actually make a bot out of it but for now this is what it is. I hope to release it to the community in a week or so.

Let me know what you think of the tool. Also name suggestions would be fun!

A picture of the tool in action:
    visualboard.jpg
    Last edited by savagesun; 10-06-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Casualty of War

Ahhh, that's clever! Simple; yet it catches me out a couple of times :3

Administrator

Got a skype?

Hmm, very nice starting spot!

Banned

love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Got a skype?
    Indeed I do! I'll be sure to run it past you or scarecrow before posting it on here.

Banned

Looks nice, could really use this. Just bought a bazaar on Cerulean.

Lob

I like it a lot and it would be a great tool for some people .
    For you next project, instead of a bot, I would suggest a prgram that finds the highest possible score of each combo and displays where and when to place them.
    For example, in your picture it would be something like this: Halyard+Flag+Boltrope+Mast+Block = (3-2)*1 + (3-2)*2 + (4-2)*3 + (4-2)*4 + (4-2)*5 = 27.

You don't have the five pices yet, so the scoring isn't the best, but I think that would be something people would pay good money to have since it is manual and would be able to get GM-Leg.
    Last edited by Lob; 10-07-2013 at 03:13 AM.

I've added a few of the 5 pieces so far. I didn't know that the order in which you place the pieces mattered in the scoring. If it does I'm sure I could easily find out the best possible order in which to place them. I'll do some extra research!

Edit: Looking into it, it seems rather useless for just a helper to calculate the best chain since the user is still solving the puzzle anyways. But I might add it in anyways, just for fun.
    Last edited by savagesun; 10-07-2013 at 03:27 AM.

#Return

Quote Originally Posted by savagesun View Post
    I've added a few of the 5 pieces so far. I didn't know that the order in which you place the pieces mattered in the scoring. If it does I'm sure I could easily find out the best possible order in which to place them. I'll do some extra research!

Edit: Looking into it, it seems rather useless for just a helper to calculate the best chain since the user is still solving the puzzle anyways. But I might add it in anyways, just for fun.
    Look up the YPPEDIA page on Shipwright, there's quite a thorough article on scoring etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast