A question regarding Gunning

How possible would it be to use the same Algo basically of the old BoS but instead of using the mouse, using the keyboard.

In before the flaming, NOT AT THE SAME SPEED. Obviously if you just changed it to keys, and put it at that speed, it would still be detected. I am talking like the puzzle on half-speed, and using the keyboard as you can quickly change direction of the arrows and move them with just a few buttons being pushed.

It isn't going to be able to get you Ult, I am guessing around GM at the best. It won't be perfect, it will probably be buggy just on the fact that it will have trouble keeping up, but it will be something better at gunning than probably 85% of Puzzle Pirates players.

Just a possibility in my mind, I would even give a shot at coding and testing it myself if anyone else thought it might work. It won't have the performance of BoS, but it would be something. There aren't enough gunners on the oceans anymore...

Just looking for feedback, opinions, and Ideas.
    Last edited by Tarrington; 02-08-2013 at 08:44 PM.

raf

I am ultimate gunner if needed

im not sure if that would work though, because i doubt anyone in the game who is decent at guns uses the arrow keys to move the peices around, everyone uses the mouse to move them, people do use WASD to change the direction of the arrow, and it would be kinda suspicious if 60 odd people started moving the arrow around the board using their keyboard xD just my thoughts on it

I wasn't even sure if it was possible before I did some research of people using it, (and attaining GM+ levels)

Even if this does work, it would be a waste of time. Most people including me can get GM guns with little to no effort in under 10 minutes. I wouldn't wanna pay for a bot that might take longer to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegwavex View Post
    Even if this does work, it would be a waste of time. Most people including me can get GM guns with little to no effort in under 10 minutes. I wouldn't wanna pay for a bot that might take longer to do so.
    Ill be honest, I agree here. I can get leg guns on my own. But that aint the problem...
    I also noticed hardly any gunners, and when im hosting a pillage, I dont really like having to gun and nav at the same time, so in the end I think this would be benifiting if possible.

Its not about the stat. Ofc most people can get the stat. Its about being lazy. I mean, if it was about the stat why would you ever buy DiS???? Its hardly capable of a master stat. Its about the ability to be lazy.

Bot Coder

From coding on BoS for ages I can tell you that with the current bot it would not be possible as it is very vulnerable to mistakes. What makes it run (pretty) stable, is its speed. If you lower that speed it also gets less stable (higher chance for misloads etc.)

So if you were to make a slower gun bot using arrows you'd need to code a new one. On top it does not really matter if you use mouse or keys, speed is what they detect. A slow mouse would work just as well as the arrows then, detection (or rather, not detection) wise.

//siggy by Poseidon