Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rumble Bot [Work in progress]

  1. #1
    SF Pleb
    jak8222 is offline

    Posts
    141

    Lightbulb Rumble Bot [Work in progress]

    So I have decided to make a bot as I finally think my coding skills are good enough (I hope!) I decided to make a bot I have been wanting for a long time.
    Before I get a load of comments such as 'I could code that in an hour' or 'lern to c0de newb' I am using this a way to improve my coding skills and also as something for the community when it's done! Any feedback/tips will be greatly received.

    I will update this page as I continue development, so support would be appreciated!

    Day 1/2 - I have got the bot to detect and map the balls from the game. It is now detecting possible moves and picking the best one.

    Day 2/3 - I have worked on making the bot click on an available space which best fits the balls given (still needs some work)

    Day 4 - The day of rest / riding my bike for a bit. Also worked how I'm going to do collisions

    Day 5 - HUGE MILESTONE today I have worked out a collision algorithm and implemented it so it knows if the ball will hit the destination

    Day 6 - Collision algorithm is now working flawlessly, it is only taking from one point and works 90% of the time

    Day 7/8 - Out on my bike BRB

    Day 9 - Hungover / broke my code

    Day 10 - Coded some stuff


    #########VIDEO COMING VERY SOON #########


    TODO:

    - Collision Algorithm to check if a ball would make it to its destination DONE

    - Better ball picking algoirthm

    - Charge balls

    - Stall if near the end of the table

    - Teaming?

    - Any other suggestions?

    Skype: Jack.thomson8222
    Last edited by jak8222; 03-05-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    jamesouch likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    jamesouch is offline

    Posts
    201
    a rumble bot would be the greatest thing ever because i could finally CI (im the worst rumbler ever)...

    I hope you dont quit like the last few who said they were going to do this and good luck!

  3. #3
    SF Pleb
    jak8222 is offline

    Posts
    141
    Sweet, this is going to be a long journey but hopefully we'll come out with something half decent

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    TheRigger is offline

    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by jak8222 View Post
    Day 1/2 - I have got the bot to detect and map the balls from the game. It is now detecting possible moves and picking the best one.
    This is probably the hardest part of the entire bot.
    What language is this coded in?

  5. #5
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRigger View Post
    This is probably the hardest part of the entire bot.
    What language is this coded in?
    He's doing it in Java.

    Don't forget you've also got to make it detect the balls when there is "damage," the balls won't alwayss start in the top left hand corner.

  6. #6
    SF Pleb
    jak8222 is offline

    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    He's doing it in Java.

    Don't forget you've also got to make it detect the balls when there is "damage," the balls won't alwayss start in the top left hand corner.
    Yeah its coded in Java, I've managed to code it so it will detect the balls even with damage

  7. #7
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85
    How did you go about simulating a move, that is to say I am assuming your using a brute force method so you would have to figure out the path of each ball and work each simulation in vertices. Also if wonder ho you went about score each move, was it determined on the number of pieces that fell, the attached pieces or the number of charged balls?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    TheRigger is offline

    Posts
    641
    There are formulae estimations on forums, look it up
    I'm pretty sure I've seen them somewhere

    Pretty easy to detect fallen balls using the subtraction of floodfill from the center top piece

    Edit: simulating every possible move shouldn't be too hard if you just look at the outermost layer of accessible moves
    the problem comes in figuring which moves are accessible
    Last edited by TheRigger; 02-24-2015 at 04:35 AM.

  9. #9
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85
    Exactly what i was trying to say, although rigger appears to have a better grasp of the English language. As i understand it the most effective way to do this would be to simulate the game board and all. Then working with degrees you could do process of elimination, the total moves tested would only be around 500 given the screen is 256 pixels across and so one pixel for each hand then determine where the ball would land and what would break, you could make it better by including a method to determine optimal charge ball placement and drop build placement.

  10. #10
    SF Pleb
    jak8222 is offline

    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Luriebot View Post
    How did you go about simulating a move, that is to say I am assuming your using a brute force method so you would have to figure out the path of each ball and work each simulation in vertices. Also if wonder ho you went about score each move, was it determined on the number of pieces that fell, the attached pieces or the number of charged balls?
    Yeah I am working the path from the both outer side of the ball that is sent and detecting if it collides like that. As for scoring at the moment just number of pieces that are falling.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRigger View Post
    There are formulae estimations on forums, look it up
    I'm pretty sure I've seen them somewhere

    Pretty easy to detect fallen balls using the subtraction of floodfill from the center top piece

    Edit: simulating every possible move shouldn't be too hard if you just look at the outermost layer of accessible moves
    the problem comes in figuring which moves are accessible
    Yeah that was my plan to look at the outermost balls then check the number that drop from that

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •