Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: umm C# question

  1. #1
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85

    umm C# question

    So thanks to notion75 and a few other tutorials I can make a screen scraper easy enough, what I need now is to speed it up. How do I find the Puzzle Pirates window, using Process and searching for names starting with Puzzle Pirates seems to work, and how do I get the origin of the window so I can monitor a specific pixel as opposed to searching for a few pixels which takes lots of time?

  2. #2
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Google is your Friend

    Google finding a window using processes with C# :P

  3. #3
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85
    i have that part, from the most part aside from it being buggy and annoying.... what i need is help getting the origin of the window i find...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    wastedbro is offline

    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Luriebot View Post
    So thanks to notion75 and a few other tutorials I can make a screen scraper easy enough, what I need now is to speed it up. How do I find the Puzzle Pirates window, using Process and searching for names starting with Puzzle Pirates seems to work, and how do I get the origin of the window so I can monitor a specific pixel as opposed to searching for a few pixels which takes lots of time?
    Most people now find the window using the processes, then they make the program draw a rectangle around it, then take a screenie of that rectangle and search pixels from there. Good searching can find you that. Even after that, image detection won't be fast. I rarely use image detection.
    Skype - wastedbro

  5. #5
    #Return
    Scarecrow is offline

    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedbro View Post
    Most people now find the window using the processes, then they make the program draw a rectangle around it, then take a screenie of that rectangle and search pixels from there. Good searching can find you that. Even after that, image detection won't be fast. I rarely use image detection.
    Searching in Puzzle Pirates I can find a image in about 1 second or so... Yeah, totally not fast

    You can use one pixel and it'll be faster...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    wastedbro is offline

    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Searching in Puzzle Pirates I can find a image in about 1 second or so... Yeah, totally not fast

    You can use one pixel and it'll be faster...
    That definitely adds up. One of my bots does a specific task that could be done with image detection after every screenshot. So that's one second per task with image detection, right? Not bad....

    Until you find out that my bot needs to do (and does) at least 20 tasks per second :P
    Skype - wastedbro

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Sobo is offline

    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by wastedbro View Post
    That definitely adds up. One of my bots does a specific task that could be done with image detection after every screenshot. So that's one second per task with image detection, right? Not bad....

    Until you find out that my bot needs to do (and does) at least 20 tasks per second :P
    Then you find out it needs a diamond computer case also to run.
    wastedbro likes this.
    Need to get in Contact with me?

  8. #8
    Bot Coder
    flashbang is offline

    Posts
    584
    Use the C++ Windows API methods for billions time faster pixel and image detection.

    //siggy by Poseidon

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Kandor is offline

    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobo View Post
    Then you find out it needs a diamond computer case also to run.
    *titanium
    Dj-Redemption likes this.

    R.ita I.s P.erfect

  10. #10
    Member
    Luriebot is offline

    Posts
    85
    so i get the handle and use that to build the bounds of the rectangle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •